On 27th of September, AMD officially made its Ryzen 7000 series CPUs available for purchase. Along with the “Zen 4” CPUs, the accompanying AM5 motherboards have also been made widely available.
Zen 4 Is Finally Here! AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs & X670 Motherboards Are Now Available Worldwide!
AMD has officially launched its next-generation Ryzen 7000 CPUs and AM5 platform. The new Zen 4 CPUs deliver killer performance thanks to a brand new architecture that AMD has been developing for quite some time. The new CPUs offer great multi-threading performance, and even greater gaming performance, and can boast with high clock speeds & a double digit IPC uplift.
Today we will provide you with a list of links where you will be able to find the latest AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs and AM5 motherboards to purchase for yourself. The CPUs that we are getting today include:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (MSRP $699)
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X (MSRP $549)
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (MSRP $399)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (MSRP $299)
Down below you can find the retail links from various online stores where you can find CPUs and motherboards (Note: we will keep updating list as Ryzen 7000 CPUs become widely available).
AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs Retail Links:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (Amazon – US)
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X (Amazon – US)
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (Amazon – US)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (Amazon – US)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (Newegg – US)
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (Mindfactory – Germany)
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X (Mindfactory – Germany)
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (Mindfactory – Germany)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (Mindfactory – Germany)
AMD AMD5 Motherboards Retail Links:
- ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme (Amazon – US)
- ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E GENE (Amazon – US)
- ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E GENE (Newegg – US)
- Gigabyte X670E AORUS Xtreme (Amazon – US)
- Gigabyte X670E AORUS Xtreme (Newegg – US)
- Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master (Amazon – US)
- Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master (Newegg- US)
- Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX (Amazon – US)
- Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX (Newegg – US)
- ASRock X670E Taichi (Mindfactory – Germany)
- ASRock X670E Steel Legend (Mindfactory – Germany)
- ASRock X670E Pro RS (Mindfactory – Germany)
- ASRock X670E PG Lightning (Mindfactory – Germany)
AMD Ryzen 7000 Specifications
The new AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs are based on TSMC 5nm manufacturing node and feature a total of 6.57 billion transistors, which is a 58% increase over Zen 3 CPUs. The new Zen 4 CPUs can boast with 13% IPC uplift compared to previous generation of Ryzen CPUs, as well as with higher core clocks.
According to AMD, the new Zen 4 cores are 29% faster in single-threaded workloads, and up to 35% faster in multi-threaded workloads compared to Zen 3 cores. The new Ryzen 7000 CPUs also feature an upgraded RDNA 2 iGPU built on 6nm process node that sports a boost clock of up to 2,200 megahertz.
One of the best new features of Zen 4 CPUs is their support for AVX-512 instructions, meaning that they are now able to deliver much better performance in multi-threaded applications such as emulators and video encoders. Compared to Zen 3, the new Zen 4 CPUs are also much more efficient, as they require 62% less power to deliver the same performance as Zen 3 CPUs.
AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU Key Features:
- Up to 16 cores and 32 Threads based on Zen 4 architecture
- +29% performance uplift in single-threaded applications
- Brand new Zen 4 cores produced on TSMC 5nm process node
- 25% performance per watt improvement over Zen 3
- +13% instructions per clock (IPC) uplift over Zen 3
- Support for new LGA1718 AM5 socket
- Dual-channel DDR5 memory support
- Up to DDR5-5600 native speeds
- 28 PCIe lanes (CPU exclusive)
- 105-120 watt TDP